Need hope? Try one of these ideas.
On November 13th the entire globe is celebrating World Kindness Day! Join the party and fill up your “faith in humanity” meter by doing at least 1 of these 12 kindness ideas.
1. Set an alarm to go off at three times on World Kindness Day. When the alarm sounds, stop what you’re doing and call/text/email/or compliment someone you’re with and tell them how awesome they are.
2. Think of someone. Got it? Now send them a positive text message like: “Hey Carol, just saying thanks for being the person I can always count on to make me laugh. I appreciate you.”
3. Tell someone they dropped a dollar (even though they didn’t) and give them a dollar. Kindness mission complete.
4. Write a thank you note to someone who made a positive difference in your life. Get started with this quick fill-in-the-blank template.
5. Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
6. Spend 5 minutes being kind to yourself by watching an uplifting video. This is our staff favorite.
7. Place uplifting sticky notes in library books, on restroom mirrors, on someone’s locker, or their computer screen... like this!
8. Dedicate 24 hours to spreading kindness on social media. Like posts that promote positivity, write a kind comment, share a quote about kindness or just check out of social media altogether and stop to notice the real world around you.
9. Know a group of awesome people who love doing good? Invite them to hold up inspiring signs during rush hour or another location in need of inspiration. Our staff does this regularly and it is hands down the most energizing way to start the day.
10. Leave the biggest tip you can afford for your server or barista.
11. Send flowers to a friend, family member, or someone who deserves more recognition.
12. Smile at someone.
Love taking photos, posting on social media, and being part of a kindness movement?
Join the #CaptureKindness Challenge. A 14-week celebration of all that is good in the world. We provide the themes, you take the photos and win prizes!
Want even more ideas? We’ve got you covered.
Tina Tør7 months ago
Andia Vakili8 months ago
These are great. Going to do #4 for some people I know.
Brenda Ringlerover 3 years ago
This is so awsome
Livy Wickenheiseralmost 4 years ago
This is a nice day and hope people can make a change, by making someone's day.
Esteban Arenasalmost 4 years ago