What's So Special About November 27?
Nov 27 is the Friday after Thanksgiving, AKA:
1. Black Friday
2. Best leftovers of the year day
AND, most importantly:
3. RAK Friday
Never heard of RAK Friday? It's 1 day with 1 amazing goal:
Make people happy through spreading random acts of kindness (RAK).
That's it. No other agenda.
We can't think of a better way to kick-off the holiday season.
JOIN THE FUN: Snap a photo of your act of kindness on Nov 27, 2015 and post it on social media with #RAKFriday. Our goal is to document 2,015 acts. Will you be 1 of the 2,015?
Here are some fun photos from last year's #RAKFriday:
Get started with these 15 #RAKFriday ideas:
- Smile at 10 strangers.
- Surprise a retail cashier with a lottery ticket.
- Let someone in front of you in line.
- Return shopping carts for other people.
- Genuinely thank the store employees.
- Bring reusable bags.
- Add an item to your shopping cart for someone in need.
- Spread the word! Leave a #RAKFriday card on commonly visited areas like the: ATM machine, bathroom, employee break room, etc.
- High-five and spread cheer to people waiting in a long line.
- Leave a coupon and #RAKFriday card near the relevant product in the store.
- Hold the door open for someone with full hands.
- Place positive sticky notes around the store.
- Pass out candy canes to strangers.
- Place $5 in an envelope. Randomly hand it to someone and include a note inside that says, “Happy #RAKFriday! Use this $5 for yourself or, pass it on as an act of kindness for someone else”
- Buy a cup of coffee for Salvation Army bell ringers.
Here are a few other photos from last year's #RAKFriday:
Help spread the word! Pin this image to help us reach our goal of 2,015 RAKs on Friday, Nov 27.