7 Ways to Be Kind to the Earth
Are you doing your part to be kind the Earth? April 22nd is Earth Day and is observed annually worldwide to support the protection of the environment in which we live.
I surveyed my Facebook friends and here are 7 simple ways you can take responsibility to be kind to the Earth:
1. Plant a tree in memory of a loved one.
2. Have a No Trash Lunch Day! Take your lunch in reusable containers, use reusable utensils and a cloth napkin. You'd have zero trash to throw away!
3. Don't throw away paper. Cut used paper into squares and use the blank side for grocery list and notes.
4. Put expired food in a compost pile and use it in your garden. Here is a good site with tips on composting: http://indianapublicmedia.org/eartheats/composting-101-tips-tricks-creating-healthy-heap/
5. Reuse tissue paper, packaging peanuts and bubble wrap. Saves both trash waste and money.
6. Shut off the water when brushing your teeth and don't let it continually run.
7. Return plastic grocery bags to the store's recycling bin. The recycling bins are usually located at the entrance of the store.
We only have one Earth and we all must take responsibility and do our part to keep the environment we live in clean and beautiful. How do you take responsibility for protecting our Earth?
great list. too often we forget that one of the "R's" in RRR is Re-use. I keep sturdy To-go containers so that I can send people home with food in them after a party.
LAVETA MCDOWELLover 2 years ago