The Kindness Blog
An inspiring blog post by Kelsey Gryniewicz
10 Fun Ways to Celebrate World Kindness Day
Posted November 13, 2013 by Kelsey Gryniewicz
November 13 is World Kindness Day! Imagine what the world would be like if each person did one kind thing for someone else. Get started making a difference with these 10 simple ideas:
- Compliment the first three people you talk to.
- Write a hand-written note to a teacher.
- Say good morning to the person next to you on the elevator.
- Pick up litter. Spend 10 minutes cleaning a park or your neighborhood.
- Place uplifting notes in library books, on restroom mirrors, on someone's locker, or on their computer screen.
- Dedicate 24 hours to spreading positivity on social media.
- Hold up inspiring signs during rush hour.
- Leave a generous tip.
- Send flowers to a friend.
- Set an alarm to go off three times on World Kindness Day. When the alarm sounds, stop what you're doing a call/text/email someone simply to tell them how awesome they are.
Need even more ideas? Visit our kindness ideas page.
Make every day world kindness day. It's as simple as a smile????????
Diana from Milwaukee
I think Kindness Day, is the best day ever....!!!!
~Ashlynn~ from Grand Rapids, Mi
Avena Jacklin from Badplaas
I love the concept of World Kindness Day but think everyone should be kind every day - it should come naturally - my goodness - it takes no effort to be kind.
Michele from Ireland
I keep a 20.00 gift card in my purse and when I see a pregnant woman I hand her the card so she can buy a little something for her baby!
Rossana from Ontario ,Canada
This day is probably the best day ever! Maybe you could give out free hugs as another random act of kindness!!! ^_^
Faith from San Diego, Ca
i love to help others and work such things by which others gets happy......i think one word always kept in mind that is "kindness", even if you can forget world kindness day
Surya Pratap Singh from Amethi
I love this concept. I would like us to practice really hard on the 13 of Nov, but also work hard on doing every day of the year,
Carolyn from Florida
We all deserve kindness in one form or another. Even God teaches us to treat each other the way we would want to be treated. The more kindness we have, the more LOVE we share. Many get so caught up in life's daily routines, and if we felt kindness all the time, the world would be a better and happier place.
Catherine Rose L. from Henderson, Nv
I'm in national junior honor society and we need some good school ideas
Wold Kindness Day Believer from The World Of Kindness